Saturday, February 9, 2008

Urgent Request

Hi Family and Friends,
I have an urgent request for a sweet friend of mine and her daughter Mallorie (my friend's 5th child/gift from God).
Mallorie celebrated her 1st birthday on February 6th (Mary Grace's due date - so it's a special day all the way around). Mallorie is a precious miracle, a sweet baby girl who has beat all the odds against her. She was born with cleft palate / lip, spina bifida and trisomy. She is a blessing and a joy! But.....she needs our prayers. She had cleft palate surgery on Thursday and although the surgery went well, she has developed some complications. I am not sure of the specifics, but I think things got a little scarry yesterday. I ask that you pray for the specifics given by her Mom:
For clear x-rays
For no fever/infection
For peace with all decisions being made - for her Mom, Dad, family
For the right Doctor's and nurses - loving, patient and knowledgeable
For a private room - to provide better rest for all
For complete healing, no need of oxygen, for no pain, for comfort

I also ask that you pray specifically for her Mallorie's Mom. I can not express to you how much this woman has meant to me. She reached out to me along with others and has not stopped loving, praying for and supporting me. The weeks leading up to Mallorie's first birthday and her surgery, my friend took time to write me and be there for me as if nothing was going on in her life. She has been there for all of us "trisomy" Moms. Her heart, her love for her children, her love for others and her love of the Lord is unfailing. Please be on your knees for their needs. I love them, and my heart hurts for them.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Mt. 7:7-8)

5 comments:

So Blessed said...

Praying for them,
and your family, as well.

boltefamily said...

I am praying!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Mallorie! I continue to pray for you as well! May God make His presence strong, may you feel His loving arms wrapped around you always and may you always feel His peace, strength and love! God Bless You!

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am praying for Mallorie and her family and for you too Kim. I ask the Lord to be a gentle presence in your life, tenderly guiding you through this very hard time. I know you will find your way my friend.

Much Love and Big Hugs to you,
Laurie in Ca.

Mary Ann said...

Hi Kim,
I am a friend of your brother Garry and your father. I heard about your tragedy from Garry Jr's neighbor who attends church with me. It was announced and prayers offered for your comfort during this time. I cannot even begin to know how you feel. My sister gave birth to her first child a little girl, and she was told the child would not survive. She lived 17 days and I will always remember the sadness in my sisters eyes for many years. You and your family will remain in my prayers and I know that the God will comfort and strengthen you and your family. Tak e care and may God bless you.
Mary Ann Hollon, Danville KY