Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sweet Poppy Joy

I wanted everyone of my prayer warriors to pray for the Luce family. I have had a weekend of checking my computer almost hourly to catch updates on this sweet baby girl, Poppy Joy. I have had the honor of meeting several friends who are going through this t-18 journey and have found strength and comfort from each of them. Angie Luce (Poppy's Mom) has particularly been one of those sweet women who has reached out to me and helped me to find some joy and hope with what we have been challenged with. I am in awe of her strength and Godly wisdom and how she shares her faith and love of Jesus.
Angie was expected to meet Poppy on December 6th but on Saturday after hours of contractions, the Dr. decided to deliver Poppy. Poppy was born and Angie, Nathan, Marianna and a ton of friends were able to meet her alive. They were blessed with 3 wonderful hours but as you can understand, this will never be enough. 3 hours, 3 years, 3 decades, 3 lifetimes will never be enough for us to have with our sweet babies. So....the days/months ahead will be difficult and I pray that God will give them peace that can only come from him. Please read Nathan's (Poppy's Dad) entry about her birth and pray for them as they go through the next phase of this heartache. (I have Poppy as a link).

I along with others are comforted in the fact that Jesus is holding sweet Poppy now. She is with Copeland, Jonathon, Eliot, Miller Grace, Madeline and so many others and they are perfect, they are well and they are happy. Yes, we want them with us, but if that is not how it is to be, then praise God they are with our Savior and his promises are being fulfilled to us. They have no tears, sickness or sadness in their life, just perfection, sweet perfection. Something we will never have until we are with them.

God bless the Luce family. They are faithful and they will continue to be blessed. My heart aches for them but I know through the grace of our Savior Jesus Christ, they will be okay. We will be okay.

I ask that you also pray for Tristan Ashton Hostetter, another sweet baby that I have been in prayer for. He will be born tomorrow, so please lift him and his family up in your prayers.

Jesus give us strength to get through these horrible circumstances and to keep our eye on the prize, you - Sweet Jesus - you!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Praying for you, sweet friend. Praising God for your tiny miracle girl and hoping she'll keep you up all night with her precious kicks. Thanking God for the blessing of precious Poppy. Resting in His peace that all these babies, no matter what God used to lead them home, are safe in His arms now and believing His grace will be sufficient for us... even as our arms ache and our hearts break. Because joy cometh in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your sweet baby, and also for Poppy's family and the others I've learned about with T-18. My littlest daughter prays daily for the "Trisomy 18" babies when we pray as a family. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.