Thursday, October 30, 2008

Eliot Mooney on Oprah again!!

Hi Friends,

I know some of you watched Oprah on Tuesday and watched the video life diary clip of Eliot Mooney (99 balloons). It brought tears to my eyes and I have watched it a thousand times before. The show received so many comments about this sweet boy that Oprah is having the family on the live show tomorrow (Friday 10/31) for follow up. I loved watching how Jesus was so prevalent in the video on the Oprah show!!

Please watch if you can tomorrow. I do not promote Oprah but this is a tremendous opportunity for Trisomy 18 and for any other Trisomy awareness, well really any prenatal fatal diagnosis. I also think the timing of Eloit's video being played on Oprah is no coincidence as the most important election of our life is coming to a close. I think it will show that these sweet babies ARE compatible with life and that abortion does not have to be the only option as it has been presented to many of us! Mary Grace's 7 hours in my arms was worth everything that our family has endured. I would relive it a thousand more times if I could have those 7 hours back again. The joy of Mary Grace and these sweet babies totally outweigh any of the heart ache.

I was so proud of the Mooney family and their miracle boy Eliot. I was so proud of Mary Grace and all the sweet babies that I have met that are now in Heaven together. I praise Jesus every day for the opportunities and relationships that Mary Grace has brought to me.

I also urge you to be in your knees for the upcoming election. God's will be done.


It is You who made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for You.
Jeremiah 32:17

As far as me, well thank you so much for all the prayers! I should have posted my good news way earlier because I do feel all your prayers. I am starting to feel a little better physically and am starting to have my sweet day dreams about this new little someone!! I have been scared and hesitant to let my mind and heart "go there" but God is directing them there anyway. He is so good all of the time!

5 comments:

Just Me said...

Thanks for the "heads up"...I haven't had a chance to watch the show from Tuesday, but have set my DVR to tape tomorrow's show as well. Although I have not seen it, I think it is great to have a national spotlight on something like a "fatal prenatal diagnosis" that not many people are aware even exist. Locally, they did an "Oprah extra" following the show about a "miracle child" who has been a patient of mine, so that was really neat too.

Prayers,
Amanda

sumi said...

Kim, I just wanted to drop by and say hello. Congratulations on your pregnancy! May God bless you all abundantly.

HUGS!!!

Jennie Bender said...

Thank you for that information.

I am so PROUD of my Elaine (T18), my husband, my brave, little girl Sabrina, who saw great sorrow and fear, my parents, my brothers/sisters in law--

I am so thankful to God for each one of them and the part they played in the time we had Elaine in our grasp.

I am proud we all chose to love her and claim her as our own.

I chose life, even if it was hopeless in the world's eyes--even though it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!

There was never a question of abortion, she was our baby! I spoke to doctors who would have rather I did not continue.

They were amazed at our quiet resolve--it is called the grace of God. He has been so good. I serve the true and living God, he gives me grace for today and hope for tomorrow!

Praying for you and your lovely family. We will see the face we love again! We have this hope in Christ!

I will be watching for the show!

Prayers to you from us,
Jennie

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kim,

I am so proud of all of these precious babies and so grateful that Eliots story is bringing it to the attention of hundreds of thousands. I started this journey with his story when it was happening and I found all of you girls through this. I love to pray for miracles, and each one of your babies has been just that, a MIRACLE. And I am so glad for your update on feeling better and God taking you "there" into the joy of your new little gift from Him. He is so good and is blessing you!!!
"Go there Kim", many go with you here. "Sweet Day Dreams", what a beautiful balance for you:) I love you Kim.

Laurie in Ca.

Emily said...

Wasn't it AWESOME?! :)

I love you and I love the way the Lord is working....