Saturday, November 10, 2007

God and his people are so good

I have been needing to blog since my first post to say a lot of things that are on my mind. However my family from Maryland were coming for a visit this weekend and it was a great task to get the house ready for company. I am not complaining because believe me, I need the incentive nowadays to clean the toilets!!
I want to first share with you how my morning started. I was going to get to sleep in until 8:00 and my honey came in the room at 7:00 - I said "now why are you coming in here at 7:00?" (in a sweet voice of course). He said your friends have done something special for you. So I get up and look outside in my front yard and there are pink and white baloons surrounding my sidewalk with prayers attached to them. We got the girls up and my Mother and Father in law came outside and I felt the presence of God and my friends all around us. The girls were excited and loved Anna and Kathryn's art work. I read prayer after prayer and was overwhelmed by the love we have in our lives. Thank you to my friends and thank you to God for placing them all in my life - without God or you we could not get through this. The girls cut each balloon which was a symbol of that prayer and thought going to Heaven. I have never been touched by something so much. Chris of course got it on video and we will have that memory of love and prayers for Mary Grace forever!
The next thing I wanted to share is how moved I am by the comments on my blog. You are all so wonderful. I am sad however to find more and more sweet Mommies and families that are going through this or something similar. I have added a few more names to my blog for you to visit and add to your prayers. I truely wish we were the only case of this t-18 but we are not by far so we share in prayers, faith, hope and love for all of our babies. May God help all my new friends and their babies through their difficult time - my heart aches for each of them.
The thing that I am reminded of is... this is what life is all about. Lifting each other up, praying for each other - not just in the hard times but in the good times. I prayed to God last night about how proud he must be of all his children. His children are holding on to him, depending on him and witnessing to others about his love and Grace - even in the darkest times possible people are finding purpose, the angels are rejoicing I know. Mary Grace is reminding me of this daily - well hourly honestly and I am thankful for her and everything she has already brought to me.
I am not sleeping that well....mostly because when I wake up and Mary is moving around I do not want to go back to sleep to miss any of it. I cherish every kick of her precious club feet. The other night I woke up and started to feel the soreness of my hips like I did with Kailey and Allison - and thought okay so this begins. I started to complain to a friend the next day about my hips hurting and I had to take it back. I would take my hips hurting and keeping me up forever if I could just keep her with me. I want this pregnancy to last forever because when it's over we have to say goodbye to our sweet girl. But...that's selfish I know.....I know she is the one out of all of us that will never have to suffer the things this fallen world gives to us, she will be with Jesus - our ultimate prize. Pray that I can remember that when the time comes.
I had a question on my blog - I was 14 weeks when the talk of all of this started but it was confirmed at 18 weeks that she had T-18.
Well, I am going to go to Dallas with my husband for a night away while family is here. God knew I needed those prayers this morning, now I feel I can actually enjoy our time today and tonight, that we can feel uplifted and encouraged by the outpouring of love from our friends.
Thank you so much for everything, mostly for your faithfulness to God and to us! God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, he's so good to me!!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

That is just the sweetest way your friends showed you they were praying. I have never heard to that but it is a beautiful gesture that I will not forget. Thank you for adding us to your links and for your sweet comment. I will keep lifting you up. Hope you are doing well.

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com

Emily said...

How precious! Let the joy of the Lord be your strength tonight.

David said...

I love what your friends did for you! I want you to know that our family is praying for your's daily. Thank you for sharing this journey with us. Mary Grace has already blessed so many lives. God IS good!
Have a beautiful night with your husband!
Love,
Keri Campbell

Laurie in Ca. said...

Such a great way to wake up this morning. Your friends there love you alot and how great for your daughters to be a part of the blessing too. I want you to know I am praying for you and for Mary Grace to continue kicking and growing so that you have as much time with her as God has in his plan. My heart hurts for you as you walk this road too many have walked before you and are walking now. You have my heart and my prayers daily. Have a wonderful time away with your honey and be blessed even more than you were this morning.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Kenzie said...

Kim-

What a beautiful way for your friends to show their love, support of the life you are giving to Mary Grace, and their specific requests for your family. I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful time away with your husband and that y'all can truly relax a little... we are looking to our time away soon too.
Thank you for the comments on our blog and for adding the link... I did add you too. :) I also want you to know how much I appreciate you asking others to lift up prayers for all of our families as well.

We will continue to lift up your wonderful family daily! (And I would love to schedule a get together between Houston and Keller sometime soon!)

God's blessings,
Kenzie
thestanfieldjourney.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Kim-
You are an amazing mother, wife, friend and person and I pray everyday for you, Chris, Kailey, Allison and Mary Grace. You look beautiful and I am in awe of you strength and faith. I love you all.

I am so glad that you have such good friends down there that would do that for you.

Love,
Brigid

Angie said...

Kim,

Wow! I am encouraged by such a beautiful picture of love and support that your friends showed you. I am so glad you have people in your life like this. God is so good to surround us all with exactly what we need, and I've found that He does this so many times through people.

I'm so glad you've decided to share your story with everyone through this blog. I hope that you find it serves to encourage you just as much as it will encourage others. I love that all of us who are experiencing this at the same time have been allowed to keep up with each other through this unusual venue. It's something I never would have expected! I certainly was no blogger before this, but it has been the best way to share my heart with others and to read other people's hearts as well. Let me know if there is any way I can do anything for you. My prayers are with you and your family!

Love, Angie
www.poppyjoy.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

What your friends did for you was wonderful! Such a creative group of people. That is the type of support that we all need right now and just hearing it lifted my spirits for the day. I have added your page to my page. I hope that you do not mind. I will add your family to my prayers and continue to follow your journey as I walk the same path. I am amazed to see so many of us on this same unpredictable journey. I'll be thinking about you all and praying for you as well.