Monday, June 2, 2008

Pistol Packin' Momma

This is my new nick name for Kenzie and it cracks me up every time I think of it.
Some of you have read Kenzie's blog but for those of you who haven't let me tell you about Saturday.
First let me start by saying GOD IS SO GOOD!! There is a lot of tragedy, a lot of heart ache, a lot of disappointment, but...there is also so much to be joyful about, to be happy about, to praise Him about and Kenzie is at the top of my list. (Along with all my new found friends).
Kenzie and I live about 5 1/2 hours from each other and have talked for a while about getting together. So....Saturday was a day that worked out for both of us and we met in the middle in Austin. Kenzie was there a little bit before me so she got parked and waited. I pulled up and picked her up on the side of the street in Downtown Austin and from the moment she sat in my car...it's as if I knew her my whole life. The first thing Chris said when he saw our picture was that we could be sisters...and I said "we are, soul sisters!"
Well..we headed off to get some famous green chili cheese fries (boot camp is over!) at the famous Shady Grove in Austin. We talked about our precious angels, our families, our gripes, our questions, our fears, our praises and the list goes on. After sitting there for a few hours and I am sure annoying our waiter who was losing tips, we decided to head down the road and do some sight seeing and walking around. The light turned greened - I had to wait for a pedestrian to cross and BOOM. We got rear ended. We pulled into a Whataburger and once I found out everyone was okay..the laughs began. I mean really.....we are 1 in 3,000 and the odds proved themselves yet again...we couldn't help but to laugh. After spending 2 1/2 hours in the whataburger parking lot waiting for the cops......they came and gave us a sheet to fill out, no police report and said see ya! Now...during the wait, I witnessed a person walking with a belt and bracelet made of bullets...couldn't motion to Kenzie cause he had a back pack too and I just knew we would make the 10 o clock news. After he was out of site I told Kenzie and she then tells me she is licenced to carry a fire arm...what! Kenzie, sweet precious Kenzie? Well...now she is "Pistol Packin' Momma" to me! Cracks me up!
We finished the day with more laughs, some tears, more good food (boot camp is REALLY over), great conversation, and regret that we hadn't planned to spend the night and have more time together. Good Times!







I am so thankful for Mary Grace, Maddox, Miller Grace, Tristan, Poppy, Eva, Madeline, Happy...really the list is so much that if I continued I would be devastated to leave anyone out! You know who you are....I love you all, I love your babies, I love your hearts, I love and Praise the one and only God who has brought us together. There was nothing like looking into the eyes of another Mommy who got it. Who knew exactly what I was saying even if she felt differently or her story played out differently than mine. Friends...we gotta reach out, we gotta be there for each other, we can't waste this...these gifts that God has given us.

On another note, a note that breaks my heart deeply...please pray for the Fahmer Family. Jacob was born the same day as Mary Grace. I have loved reading about him, watching him grow, watching him beat all the odds and touch the world every day, all 139 of them. I have imagined through watching Jacob, Mary Grace and where she would be if she was still here with me. Sweet Jacob is now with Mary Grace in the arms of our Savior Jesus Christ. Please pray without ceasing for this family. It's never enough time..... http://fahmer.blogspot.com

God is great but sometimes life ain't good!

9 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kim,

I know the time you spent with Kenzie was just what you have needed. I am so glad that you two soul sisters got together. As I told Kenzie on her blog, you two look like sisters for real. God is so good and you are so right, sometimes life isn't. But I am so thankful for you girls and the friendships that you have developed through the lives of your precious babies. You are bonded for life.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Cathy said...

Kim, I am so happy for the time you spent with Kenzie. I laugh just reading about your time and I wish you could have had another night and day together. It is sad that your Angel babies are not on this earth, but Heaven has to be so glorious with all the special Angels together. I bet they are making such sweet, sweet music.
Cathy & Annabel

The VW's said...

Kim,

I'm so glad that the two of you could spend this, much needed, time together! What a blessing! Sounded like a very adventurous day! :)

Prayers continue for you and all the wonderful families who have walked a similiar road. May God give all of you grace and peace each and every day!

boltefamily said...

Hi Kim!

I am in tears as I read your post this morning and it isn't really even sad. I guess it is just that I long to be able to look into the eyes of another mommy who "gets it" My heart aches that others have to endure this pain yet I so long to meet all of you who have walked this journey along with me.

It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! You completely do look like sisters! Praise God for the internet! :-)

Much love,

Kristy

Angie said...

kim,

I love it that you did this!! I can't wait to meet you and Kenzie in person one day as well, and I hate that I'm going to miss getting to see everyone later this month!! But it makes me smile to hear about the time you spent together. Really fantastic!!

love, Angie

Emily said...

I love the joy I hear in your voice. I covet the happiness I see in your pictures.... LOL :) I CANNOT wait to be with you again, free to laugh, free to live, just free to be as crazy as we are! It won't be long!!

Kenzie said...

Kim-

Oh my goodness... what an awesome time we had! It was such a wonderful day and one that I will ALWAYS remember as we continue to walk all this that God has brought us to. I love you and am so thankful for the way that He continues to reveal Himself to me through you girls... absoutely amazing!

Love you and can't wait for a few weeks!
Kenzie

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Reading this today, and seeing the pictures just made my day. The connection you two have is so obvious, and I am cracking up about the "secret" Kenzie revealed!
I love you, and love that your blogs connected you to people at just the right time, and produced enduring friendships.
love, connie

Kirsten said...

How fun to read about your adventure! What a blessing that you were able to spend time together. Thank you for sharing it with us.

You and all my new blogger mommy friends are in my prayers. I pray you are feeling God's strength, love and grace today.

Blessings,
Kirsten