Thursday, June 12, 2008

Prone to Wonder.....

Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart Lord take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above.

I am sure you know by now that I LOVE christian music. It ministers to me like nothing else. And more than that I LOVE hymns. I love singing them to my girls. I love knowing why they were written (especially since I was given Mary Grace). When I am having a "moment" and words come to me that I can't figure out where they come from or what song it is...I love being able to go to my hymnal and find it and get excited to introduce it to my girls. Since a lot of churches have gone to mostly praise music (which my church does and I love) I still want my girls to grow up having the old Hymns in there hearts. Cause man how much it has meant to me, in my happiest and in my darkest moments. It's like knowing the bible and going through something in your life and just having the word of God in your heart to help you through it, verses like Phil. 4:8 "Finally Brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable...if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think on such things". Unfortunately I am horrible at memorizing verses...but songs.....I know the words to songs and I can break out in a song at any given moment.

Sunday my girls and their Memom was outside playing in the driveway, I wasn't sure where Chris was, and I was fixing dinner and my heart had been stirring since the message at church that morning. I was engulfed with thoughts of Heaven and Mary Grace, looking out the window at her tree (again it means the world to me to have that tree!) and feeling oh so emotional. I had the radio on and one of my favorite songs came on : Let it Fade by Jeremy camp ( on my play list to listen to) and I could not get to the volume knob fast enough!! I ran to it, blasted the music, closed my eyes and starting lifting my hands up to the sky and when I opened my eyes Chris was standing there and I totally lost it...I collapsed in his arms and wept and it felt so good! He asked what made you think of her? and I said I always think of her. He said no I mean was it the song that made you think of her? I said no..I mean I ALWAYS think of her. I love my husband and he is the most awesome man in the world, but please! Mary Grace is a constant in my mind - there isn't any one thing that makes me think of her - my thoughts are always on her. How can a person explain that? A Mother's thoughts are always on her children, and there's no way to explain it.

Now...there are things all the time that trigger certain thoughts. Like the hair in the drain (Emily calls it Chubacka which totally cracks me up) triggers the thoughts of my body recovering from having a baby but she isn't here with me. My tight "big" clothes remind me that I have baby weight and she isn't here with me. My arms that literally ache at times remind me that I will never hold Mary Grace in my earthly arms again. When I go to see Kailey dance in her recital (which she was amazing) it reminds me that I will never get to see Mary Grace dance on stage. When I put sunscreen on my girls I think that I should have a third sweet girl standing in line waiting to be lubed up. When I go through clothes I have to remember that I do not need to save them for Mary Grace. When I walk in the office I am reminded that it's not a nursery. When I run to the grocery store I do not need to make sure my baby girl is fed up to last her three hours so Chris can stay home with the three girls. When I register Allison for Kindergarten I think of not having alone time with Mary Grace for 3 hours while Allison is in school. When I see Kailey in the seat next to Allison in our van, I am reminded that she is not in the back so that Mary can sit there in her infant car seat. When I think of Mary Grace being 5 months old I am reminded that I do not have to clear space in my cabinets to make room for baby food. I can go on and on.....so what made me think of her? I ALWAYS think of sweet Mary Grace........I love you sweet girl.

And then I hear a sermon preached, a sermon about God calling me to make an eternal difference and what am I building into eternity? Am I building with Gold/Silver/precious stones or hay and stubble? When I get to Heaven I will hear enter in, thanks to Jesus Christ's blood and His Grace, but will I hear "well done thy good and faithful servant" or will I just get a shrug? And I visualize my Mary Grace entering into Heaven and Jesus holding her, dancing with her, pitching her up in the air and saying "well done Mary Grace, I am so very proud of you". And it thrills my heart and soul!!!!!!!! She came into this world for 7 short hours and made such an ETERNAL impact on so many many people that it really makes her Momma proud. And she makes me want to make her proud, she makes me want to make my God proud, my Savior proud. She makes me want exist for eternity. She makes me want to be a better Mommy to Kailey and Allison, a better wife to Chris, a better Daughter, Sister, Friend.......

I know I gotta long way to go. I know I am struggling, struggling with anger, bitterness, anxiety, eating, must I go on? But we (God and me) will get this done. When I was feeling sorry for myself this weekend and I was letting my strong holds get a hold of me, I could literally hear Mary Grace saying to me "mommy this is not what I want for you, this is not what God intended, this is not why God gave me to you, I want you to be happy, I want you to be okay for my sisters...I am here, I always will be...it's okay to be okay, I am yours and I will be waiting for you!"

I get exhausted a lot by being okay in front of people. I mean I really do not intend on "faking it" I really do not try to put on a front...it's just not me to be down in front of others. I am the type of person where I want everyone to be happy, I do not want anyone to feel uncomfortable or down, I want everyone to be okay so it's not something I mean to do, it's just me. But I can finally just get exhausted by it and that's when I have my down times. But this is grief, this is sadness and longing for my Mary Grace...and I know my Father is okay with it. But I know too that He wants more from this and I will give it to Him.....I will............

Keeping praying my friends, keep praying that I do not waste any of this.......

21 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Oh Kim,

You are being used by God each and every day and your honest posts just bless my heart. I believe that Mary Grace is your heart song and just a breath away. A mothers heart will always be connected to the little ones who grew safely inside, listening to every beat. It's an "inside job" that doesn't end with the cord being cut at birth. It remains forever in our heartbeat. I am praying for the "weekend of the girls" at the end of the month. I am so excited for all of you to share your hearts of sisterhood, and I know there will be so much healing and hope for each one of you. I am asking God to make it over the top for you all. I look forward to hearing all about "my girls" adventures in meeting and healing. I love you all.

Laurie in Ca.

Jen said...

Peace to you. This post was so beautiful.

boltefamily said...

Hi Kim!

We have an Isaac rosebush planted outside our kitchen window and today the first flower bloomed and it for some reason stirred my emotions too.

Thank you for being honest. It makes me feel less crazy :-) I too have a wonderful husband but it is just so different for them, not that they don't grieve, it is just different.

I cannot wait to give you a BIG hug!

Love
Kristy

So Blessed said...

Praying for you, Kim. Your heart is so precious...and you bless me by sharing your journey.

Cathy said...

Kim, I am praying for you!Thank you for the post. Cathy & Annabel

Emily said...

GIRL.

The hope in your voice, the visions your words pain, I sat here with my heart in my throat, leaping and saying, "Yes!! Yes!! That's how I feel!" I have been missing Miller Grace something awful today. Like you, she is ALWAYS on my mind and it's almost as if I wait for people just to mention her name (and my girls never fail me)but I'm missing her bad these days. And I just need to thank you for the image of Jesus welcoming her home and playing her, having been bonding with her for almost a whole year and taking her in like I wish I could, and continue the conversation of how awesome she is and what a great job she did here that I began before she left me... it's everything to me. Just everything. I can almost see Miller Grace and Mary Grace, playing with such joy with Jesus, little noses wrinkled, and laughter filling the air. Hope and Mattie were singing tonight in the aisles of the grocery store, "He's got the whole world in His hands. He's got the little bitty babies in His hands... the little bitty babies in His hands..." over and over and over. Now I know why. He does. And I just know our baby girls are even happier than our big girls tonight. :) Praise Him, sweet Kim. Let's just praise Him!

Anonymous said...

Kim-
You are serving God everyday!! With each and every entry into your blog you are testifying to many people how awsome our God truely is! I know our God is so proud of you and Mary Grace could have never wished or dreamed of a more perfect Mother. You were hand chosen by "the creator of all" to be the Mother of a child that touched so many lives and made so many of us strive to be better parents. I continue to pray for your heart everyday.

I love ya!!
Debra

Kathy said...

I wish I could tell you what I know, but we each have to do the hard work of grief. I can only tell you that the Lord has already started building something in you, and has already started working in other people's lives because of you sharing your heart so transparently. Give yourself time, sweet friend. The Lord will use you when He and you are ready. Your grief is worshipful and precious to Him. xoxo

So Blessed said...

You are a blessing to so many...prayers continue for you as you travel this grief journey.

Corie said...

WOW! Thank you. Your thoughts and emotions are exactly what have been sifting through myself. Often I think almost 5 months is so long and yet I have so many emotional times still. I will be praying for you as you continue to walk this path.

Chris and Emily said...

praying for you. you are serving God - making eternal impacts just by your words in this post. Thank you.

Kenzie said...

Sweet friend... you are not wasting this... you are doing a wonderful job and I am so proud to stand here, hand in hand, with you and walk this road. Of course she occupies your mind and wanting others to notice or to think of it too... I am right there with you. I had a 10 minute conversation this morning with my dentist's mother about Maddox and it was wonderful!

I love you and am so proud of you! Can't wait for this next week!

Love,
Kenz

Kristin Edwards said...

Kim,

I feel you, girl. Seeing how God is carrying you through this is encouraging and uplifting to me, and most of all is evidence of his faithfulness and steadfast love for his people. Your post has prompted me to get out my "rut of the week" for Jonathan, for my girls, and for Jesus. Thank you. Praying for you too!
Love, Kristin

Sarah Garner said...

Isn't it amazing how such a tiny beautiful little baby can touch so many lives and change yours forever? Nothing makes you realize what an amazing gift from God motherhood is than having to send your baby right back to heaven.

My daughter, Savannah, was stillborn at 35 weeks on February 9 of this year and I can honestly say I love her just as much as my other children! That amazed me! You don't have to have time to "get to know" your child, or build years of memories to have such overwhelming love for them. The love we feel for our children is a separate gift from God that comes with the "whole package" of each child he gives us. I'm so grateful that we get to feel that love for our children since we don't get to build a lifetime of memories with! I can feel the overwhelming love of your little Mary Grace as I read your words. Our daughters had a different mission to serve. They get to serve with our Savior on the other side of the "veil of life" where they don't have to feel pain, discouragement or grief.
I know Mary Grace has blessed your life, but the greatest blessing of all will be when she runs to you with open arms when you are one day reunited with her!
Your words have inspired me, thank you for your honesty. It is comforting to know that I'm not crazy, others feel the same way!

You'll be in my prayers.

Sarah Garner

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Kim,

Today is the 23rd already and I wanted to stop by and let you know I am thinking about you and praying for your upcoming time away with the girls. Asking God to bless you so much as you meet each one and put a face to the hearts we all follow while knowing all of your babies have already met. Praying for restoration for all of you. You are all loved so much by the Lord and me too!!

Laurie in Ca.

Debbie said...

Thanks for your encouraging words. You are so faithful and a great example. Miss you and your family. Just got our pics developed from Camp Sol (most of them the kids took and did not turn out). I wish camp was more often - it was a great healing process - just to be away with other families that you do not have to pretend.

Cathy said...

I check in each day to see if you made a post. Know that we are praying for you and thinkin of your precious Mary Grace. Cathy & Annabel

Kirsten said...

Kim,

It was wonderful to meet you face to face on Saturday. It filled my heart just to be with you. It is so different to be around people who really understand. Thank you for allowing me to share in your weekend together. It was such a blessing and I treasure every second.

You have been one of the people that provided so much encouragement to me just by sharing your story on your blog. Your faith on this journey has been such an example.

I can still you see you on the hotel shuttle bus saying the word, "grace." You don't even realize how often you say or type the thing my heart and head need to hear with just a few words. God has been using you in my life and I'm so grateful. Thank you for touching my heart over and over again. What a miracle that I got to meet you face to face.

Have a blessed day. I pray that you got home safely and that all is well.

Blessings,
Kirsten

Kirsten said...

Still remembering your beautiful faces from Saturday!! My heart smiles with every memory. Thank you, thank you!

Praying for you and hoping your week is going well. Hugs!

Blessings,
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

I wanted to write you again, it's been a while. My husband Nick used to work with your Husband at HP. Our precious Carter was born with T-13 on June 5th and grew his wings on June 7th. I am touched by your blog to read someone who knows exactly what I am going through. I pray for you and everyone who has lost a baby for strength and peace every day.

Leslie

C.J. said...

I was very blessed to find your blog. I was doing a search for "Prone to wonder"

Thank you for your inspiration today. God bless you!

CJ
http://10formulas.com