Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ain't God Good?!!

How amazing it is to look into the eyes of 7 other women who have had to let their babies leave from their arms. How amazing it is to see and hear them praise the God that allowed it to happen. How amazing it is to listen to how perfect God’s plan played out in each of our lives (and for us to know it was perfect) with the end result being the same. How amazing it is to smash pottery and take a peace of each other’s to create something that includes all of us and to do it with laughter and not bitterness. How amazing it is to worship our loving Savior with 19,000 other women who probably have similar stories or ones of their own that are just as horrific. How amazing it is to be with 7 other girls that I have never even met (excluding my precious Kenzie and Emily) and to feel like we have all been life long friends, meeting up for the weekend. How amazing it is to love them and their babies with all my heart and soul and to create a lifelong bond/friendship that regardless if I ever will get to see them all again, will always be a part of me. I could go on and on with these thoughts but now you see why I ask “Ain’t God Good?!!”






The Lord blessed me with an amazing weekend! I can not even begin to tell you how much fun we had together while laughing, crying, singing, dancing and praising God with all that we have in us. It is Thursday a week later and it will probably take me another 3 weeks to get caught up on sleep – One other woman (will not mention names) and I are the only ones who are probably too old for this kind of weekend (yes we were the joke of generational things, how did I get here?). I roomed with Emily, Kenzie and Karen and the first night we got 4 ½ hours sleep, the second night we got 45 MINUTES worth of sleep and the third night we got 3 ½ hours sleep! Kenzie did get more sleep because she’s gotta take care of that little GIRL she is having! I realize that I can’t hang with the young folk any more and that although I did not feel like 38 when I got there (gotta be honest with that number since I am a Christian) I feel like it now!! Reality is so wrong!! Hee hee










I want to praise God for orchestrating such a perfect time of praise, worship, love and friendship. I want to praise Him for Mary Grace, Maddox, Miller Grace, Isaac, Asher, Tristan, Poppy Joy, Jacob Ryan and Eva Janette. I want to thank these babies for bringing their Mommies into my life. And although we would never choose to be a part of this “club” I could never imagine going through this without these woman. I know because of this trip it seems I feel this way exclusively about them, but realize this weekend and this post is to describe them, but there are so many other babies and Mommies who mean just as much to me and that I could not imagine not having known them as well (too many to mention for fear of accidentally leaving someone out, because of my age you know). I love you all!

I am so thankful that I live in this day and age where it’s possible to grieve like this, to have this outlet, to have other Mommies who are able to connect with me throughout the world. I am so thankful that families are willing to share themselves with me so that I do not have to do this alone, that Woman reach out to me and share their journeys, it means the world. I do not take for granted that this is a blessing to be able to find each other in this way. I can’t imagine loosing a baby and not having this outlet, not having photographs and videos and my heart breaks for any Mother who has lost a baby without these resources because it has been my saving grace.

This conference included three speakers (Kay Authur, Beth Moore and Priscilla Shirer), Travis Cottrell and his praise Team and Mandessa (she is so beautiful with an incredible testimony – one of my favorites). Everything and everyone was amazing. Kenzie had mentioned in her blog that the teachings from Priscilla Shirer spoke to her particularly. I have to agree without being a copycat that this was the thing that spoke to me the most. She spoke from Exodus 19 of the Israelites in their wilderness period, how that God took them to the furthest point away from the land of blessings to the wilderness to “camp out”. How that in the wilderness where God brings us to, we need to camp out, we have to kneel face down, we have to pitch our tent and trust Him. And that through this trust, through this relationship that we can have with God if we choose it, we will find our mountain. Lord I will surrender to this and I will camp out! As she said “it is more safe in the wilderness with God than out of the wilderness without God”. AMEN!





P.S. I had to edit this blog to make sure to include our sweet Sister in Christ Kirsten. She lives in CA and happened (not by chance thank you Jesus) to be in Atlanta for another reason, looked us up and shared some wonderful time with us. She has been part of this journey and has lifted us up in prayer. She too lost a baby during her pregnancy and has held on tightly to God and His promises so beautifullly. Kirsten, thank you for meeting with us, sharing this with us...I will continue to pray for you as God takes you through this wilderness to the mountain!

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us and our trip, your excitement for us, your support of us has been so wonderful. I feel as much love from you all as I do from my new lifelong best friends. You are all as much a part of this as us and I praise God for you. Because of all your love, my cup runneth over!

For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward. Mark 9:41

8 comments:

mrsrubly said...

i am so happy for all you women you got to go to the conference god is great! and he lead each and every one of you guys to each other! have a safe and happy fourth!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kim,

I am so blessed beyond measure for the time you had with these precious girls. God is so amazing and good!!!
I love reading about all of the things you did to make forever special memories and I just knew that sleep would not be #1 for any of you. May the blessings that you experienced carry you through with new JOY and HOPE. Your friendships were ordained by the Lord before you ever gave birth to these precious babies. "Ain't God Good?"
YES HE IS.!!! Love you Kim. Have a wonderful 4th of July.

Laurie in Ca.

The VW's said...

God IS Good! I'm so happy that all of you gals were able to get together and have such a fulfilling weekend! May God Bless You All!!!

sumi said...

I am so blessed by the wonderful time you had. The t-shirts, the pottery, the memory mats, all of it sounds simply wonderful!

As far as I'm concerned, you are a 'youngsta'! I am in my 40's already, and I long for another little girl but I have to rest in the fact that it is no longer an option. Sigh.

For some reason I didn't have your blog bookmarked, though I have visited before. I am bookmarking it now. :-)

Jen in Al said...

i am so beyond thrilled that this weekend was what it was! God is so good and He granted my every prayer for you all for this weekend! thank you so much for sharing your journey! your sweet little cutie, Mary Grace will always have a place in my heart along with your family and the families of all those the Lord has put in my life to pray for! Wow! wish i could've hugged you all! praying, jen in al

Kirsten said...

Kim,

You are so beautiful!!! I've been looking forward to reading your account of the weekend. It is such a blessing to hear all about it. Thank you for including me in the story. You are so sweet.

I was incredibly blessed by spending a few hours with you! I imagine that it is only a glimpse of what you felt being together for the entire weekend. My cup runneth over after 2 hours, I might have exploded from joy if I had stayed any longer. :o)

You are silly about being old - and yet I can totally relate. :o) I couldn't have survived - you are a trooper. You all were running on grace and adrenaline.

Such a beautiful story. Such an amazing testimony. Such an incredible God!!!

Love and blessings,
Kirsten

So Blessed said...

The weekend sounded "Amazing", indeed. I prayed that each of you would be blessed by your time together. What a special, priceless gift!

Just Me said...

I decided to leave a comment, since it looks like it has been a few days since someone has. I know how much a little "hello", even from a "blog stranger" means to me :o)... So, just letting you know that I continue to "check in" and say a little prayer every time I do. Hope you are finding ways to enjoy your summer.

Take care.
Continued prayers to you and your family,
Amanda