Saturday, July 12, 2008

Six months ago......



I was getting things ready to have Mary Grace. I had found out Wed. that our prayers had been answered and she had turned head down and was ready. I was so relieved because I had never had a c-section and I was scared of the risks, the surgery recovery, not knowing how much time I would have with Mary and being scared to be out of it due to the surgery. My family was all here, we were heading to the build a bear workshop so that Kailey and Allison could make their sister a bear to give her at the hospital. I enjoyed a big buffet at the Golden Coral and was looking forward to some ice cream. We headed to church on Sunday morning and I realized that it would probably be the last service that I had Mary Grace with me, that she would probably never be sitting in an infant carrier beside my pew - it was quite emotional. We came home to get packed and headed to the hospital Sunday night. At 11:00 p.m. they checked me before they gave me the medicine I needed to "get started" and Mary Grace had seemed to move back to breech. I was so confused on how God answered what seem to be like the only prayer so far and now even that was not the case. But then I had a weird kind of peace about it, maybe because I knew that within minutes of going into surgery I would for sure be holding my baby girl. Then 7:00 a.m. rolled around quickly - and at 7:15 a.m. one of the most incredible miracles was being held right up to my cheek, she was crying this precious little cry (which they said she never would cry) and as I immediately started singing to her, I knew how great my God is and just how many prayers he had answered just to have her there by my cheek! That day was perfect. The 7 hours with Mary Grace was perfect and I can't even begin to tell you how many prayers God answered in our lives that very day.




Now....six months later I am pretty lonely for my Mary Grace. My arms feel very heavy today. I have had a lump in my throat that hurts from holding back the tears all morning but are freely flowing right now. I am confused....I am scared....I am mad....I am hurt....I am lonely....I am disappointed....I am stuck......but I do have JOY. Joy is so prevalent within me and it's hard to explain but I know God has me...I know He is carrying me. And in those really mad moments...moments like when I look at pictures from January 14th and I see the love and smiles in Mary Grace's sisters face when they look at her and are holding her, and I think oh God..they should have got to keep her...why???? It last a moment and I hold on to the times when Kailey says to me "Mommy at least we get to be with her forever in Heaven". Because Heaven is forever, this world it but a fleeting moment.

Oh and remember that prayer that God must not have really answered, the one where I ended up having to have a c-section? Well, thank God He knows what we need, He knows what is right for us....because when I get the panicky feeling of "did Mary Grace really happen, did I really have her?" I can run to my bathroom mirror and lift my shirt and see the proof, feel the proof. Oh I am so thankful for that scar, the scar I do not put anything on to fade it - cause I love, love, love it. Thank you Jesus for what seems like those unanswered prayers.

Monday will be six months since my Mary Grace started dancing with Jesus....I am flying to Kentucky and I will sit at my daughters grave, I will sing to her and I will praise my Jesus for the third greatest gift in my life.

Psalm 90:14 "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
Thank you Megan.

17 comments:

sumi said...

Oh Kim...I pray that you will have a special time as your heart connects with Jesus and with Mary Grace at the grave site.

This is such a crazy, arduous journey, isn't it?

Much love...

Mandy said...

Thinking of you Kim. I hurt with you but know that God is, indeed, carrying us. I pray that your trip to see Mary Grace will bring a kind of peace that you need.

Love you.
Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracefoundation.com

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kim,

I love these pictures of Mary Grace and the ones with her sisters are so precious. Isn't it amazing that through all of the emotions you can feel swirling around, that joy is right there in the middle, balancing your heart? It is one of those gifts that runs side by side with peace, love, hope and trust. I love you Kim with all my other girls, and I pray for you as you continue healing, day by day. I am thankful that Mary Grace cried for you, surely music to your heart. And I am thankful for the 7 hours she stayed with you. I had prayed for so much more, but trusted God to know the exact time he ordained.
Kailey is so much wiser than me. She knows heaven is forever in the purest sense. I hope your weekend is full of love and your heavy arms feel lifted by the Lord. Your tears are precious to Him, He collects them all you know:)

May your JOY be full, Laurie in Ca.

Cathy said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. Precious, delicate features and so pink. Please know that on Monday as you sit with Mary Grace our arms will encircle you. We will keep you in prayer as that day has to be so emotional. Be safe on your journey. Cathy & Annabel

So Blessed said...

I will be praying for you as you make the trip to visit your precious Mary Grace's grave. May you be comforted by the prayers lifted on your behalf and know that you are held tenderly in my thoughts.

The VW's said...

You're in my prayers! May God give you hope, strength, peace and grace today and always! God Bless You!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Thinking of you tonight Kim and praying for you as you go to visit Mary Grace's grave site tomorrow. I hope it will be healing for you, even though it will hurt. Asking God to carry you and bless you.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

boltefamily said...

I too am sitting here confused and crying. I too am so thankful for sweet Mary Grace. Without her I never would have met her mommy and I am so sorry that you have to feel this pain, but am so thankful we have eachother! I love you Kim! Have a wonderful time in Kentucky. I will be praying for all of you!

Jeannie (HAPPY HEART) said...

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.-

Praying tonight and will be praying for you as you make this special trip.

Your friend from Deeper Still,
Jeannie
www.carepages.com Jeanniesjourney

PS Your girls are absolutely beautiful!! God is with you on this journey.

Anxious AF said...

Thinking of you tomorrow.

Emily said...

How beautiful is your love for Mary Grace. And how beautiful she is. I am praying for safe travel tomorrow and hoping to "tread on your sacred ground" again soon. :) I love you and your Mary Grace.

Jen in Al said...

my heart has no words right now...crying with you...thanking God with you...Praying for you...jen in al

Unknown said...

My Sweet Kim -
My heart aches for you - I am praying for you and the rest of your family. I love you much

Love,
Brigid

Corie said...

Praying for you! 6 months does seem like yesterday and yet do far away. This has been such a hard journey with crazy emotions and unpredictable times. Hurting along side you although I have never met you. I understand the LOVE of a scar. Nice to have a scar that is special! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of Mary Grace. She is precious!

Busy momma said...

I know that lump in your throat hurts....and your heart hurts....I hurt for you and know that so many other mommies do to. Because of your strength and your experiences, I want to run and hold my baby girl now- and I will as I say a prayer for you and your sweet family. Thanks so much for being honest and sharing with others- I love my "bloggie" friends like you!!

Debra said...

She is completely beautiful, that little face!

I admire your joy throughout the pain. Thank you for pointing to Jesus.

Maybe our daughters are dancing together.

Jenn said...

What beautiful pictures of your precious little girl! I found your blog through CFhusband. I too have the joy of knowing that my baby is safe in the arms of Jesus. As much as I miss him, it is a sweet comfort to know. And my c-section scar... I love it too. I really identified with what you were saying. May God bless you and continue to heal your heart!
~Jennifer Bergey (Pa.)