Monday, August 11, 2008

Prayer Request - Baby Jonathan Peterson

Hi Friends,
I am on a little trip with my husband right now. His parents came from MD to watch the girls while I joined him for a few days on a business trip.
I have an important prayer request that I need you to be praying about. The photographer who took Mary Grace's pictures has become a very dear friend of mine. She told me of another Mom she had met who's baby had been diagnosed with T-18. Baby Jonathan was born a month ago and his family has been blessed with some precious time with him. Amber (my friend) called this morning and told me that he passed away early this morning. I have corresponded a few times via e-mail with his precious mom Heidi. My heart breaks for this family right now. I ask that you be on your knees praying for this family today and in the weeks to come. We know that sweet Jonathan is in Heaven dancing with Jesus now in perfection and I praise Him for that, but we also know that a family has empty arms that should be filled with their sweet boy. This bitter/sweet feeling is tough to balance, so I pray God will give them the peace that only comes from Him and that He will carry them in His hand!

Thank you Jesus for your promises, we will hold on dearly to them.

8 comments:

Kenzie said...

Hey Kim-

Praying for this family. Oh how the pain of someone else losing their child reaches into each of our hearts... deep huh? I love you and hope you have fun on your little getaway!

Praying,
Kenz

Emily said...

Thank you for letting me know how to pray, Kim. Hearing about these little ones leaving their mommies' arms absolutely never, ever gets any less painful. But I am honored to lift them up to the one who knows all the reasons why. Heaven is bound to be sweeter tonight....


I'm praying for you and your sweet husband, too, as you escape from it all for a little while. :)

boltefamily said...

I am praying Kim! It is strange, when you hear of another family going through it, it is like it all comes flooding back.

Enjoy your alone time with your husband!

Love you!
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Thank you for the prayers for this sweet family.
And thank you to the rest of you Mommies on this prayer list! Y'all are AMAZING!

~ Amber Augustin

Debbie said...

Praying for that sweet family to have peace and comfort at one of life's most difficult times.

Love, Debbie

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Kim,

Please know that I will be praying for this family as I have for all of you. It is never easy to hear that another little one leaves too soon, it only settles in my heart with the other heartaches for all of you. Hope you have a wonderful time away with your hubby. It is so good for your relationship as you well know.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Hi Kim-Thank you for passing the prayer request along. I know the pain well....and will be on my knees for this family.

In Christ-Stacy

Cathy said...

Praying for this precious family! Hoping that you and your husband will have a good trip with each other. Cathy & Annabel