Monday, December 3, 2007

Standing on the promises of Christ my King

It has been a very sad weekend. Not only do I struggle with the reality of my own, I struggle for the dear friends I have met who are also going through this or a similar journey. I have said before that if someone has to endure this I wish I was the only one, but unfortunately I am meeting more and more who are dealing with t-18. This weekend the Luce family met and had to let go of their sweet precious girl Poppy Joy. And although they “beat the odds” and got to spend some time with Poppy, it just doesn’t seem like enough – it doesn’t seem fair that we should rejoice in 3 hours. But we do and the Luce family does. How faithful is that!? Please continue to pray for them.

I said to a friend today that as long as we have our babies in our tummies that we have hope that at least one of us will be the full-blown miracle, the .01%, but as time passes there is more loss and it is heartbreaking. It scares me to be upset about “only 3 hours” because I would rather have that than nothing at all with Mary, but God knows I want more. Isn’t that okay? So please continue to pray that I will have some time with Mary Grace and that my bitterness will not take away from what God has in store for us. Please pray that I will continue to find joy in this situation and that the sadness does not let me allow Satan to win the battle he is waging against me. Greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world. I’m standing on the promises of Christ my King, and Satan will not win – he will not steal my joy, he will not take away the great things God has in store for my family. God will carry me when I cannot walk, he will walk beside me when I can walk and he will take care of me when I feel like I cannot make it through this. How do I know this, because he said so!

One thing I would like to specifically praise God for is the opportunity to share this journey with sweet Angie, Emily, Chrissi, Yvette, Kenzie, Mandy, Kristen, Boothe and more. The more I read of their hearts the stronger I feel that I can make it through this. I am amazed at their strength and faithfulness to our Savior Jesus Christ. I am honored that God chose us for such a thing as this and however difficult it is, I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us. I know I couldn’t make it without them, they are each a great support. God is using them and I am thankful. I am also so thankful again for all the support and prayers we continue to receive from our dear family and friends. We could not do it without you. The cards, e-mails and messages to our blog help us to stay focused on the good of this – thank you. I want to also recognize the total strangers who have poured out their hearts and prayers to me. I am so thankful for you all.
Most importantly I am thankful that Jesus will never leave or forsake me and that he is faithful to his promises.

Please continue to pray for the Hostetter Family. Tristan was born today. I will be checking their blog for updates so please feel free to do the same. I pray that God will continue to bless them with sweet time with their new precious baby boy!

My sweet and loving Aunt Rita sent me a card from Nashville and I wanted to share a quote that she wrote to me from Beth Moore. “When our hearts are hemorrhaging never forget that Christ binds and compresses them with a nail scarred hand. Christ never allows the hearts of his own to be shattered without excellent reasons and eternal purposes.” Thank You Aunt Rita, I really needed that today!

9 comments:

Kenzie said...

Kim-

You have blessed my life as well and I am so thankful for having met you on this journey that we could have never imagined. The Lord, through it all, has been so good and as we each walk faithfully, I am confident that we will see his mighty hand move the mountains of pain in our lives to allow us to see the sunlight of his Son. Know that you are always in my prayers!

Sleep well tonight with Mary Grace warm and snuggly inside you!

Love,
Kenzie

Chrissy said...

I love the quote that Aunt Rita wrote in the card. Isn't that the truth! One of those many things that we need to keep reminding ourselves of. The more and more I talk to people, friends and strangers and the more that people tell me that they could never do what I am doing the more it makes me realize that that is why God chose me and not them. He knew that somehow some way I could do this. I could walk this unpredictable path and walk it faithfully. I know that is the same for all of you other girls that have been chosen to carry these precious babies. I truly believe that we will be rewarded like never before for carrying out such task that God chose us for. Praying for you, Mary Grace and your family. It has been a tough weekend not only for the Luce's loss and the Hostetter's gain but for those of us that have more time to go as well as for those who have already walked down this road. I am thankful that I am not alone and that I have you girls to help the Lord carry me through. Love, Chrissy

Julie Keefe said...

I am praying for you tonight, Kim. You are precious in His sight and mine.
With love,
Julie

Mandy said...

I know the fear you have and it seems so much more real I know as you watch other who go before you. God is gracious and will provide for you in your time of need. Somehow He always is enough and gets us through. Know that I am thinking of you and wishing you a sense of peace.

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com

Aunt_Nette said...

I am praying for you tonight. I also pray that Mary Grace will keep kicking inside of you until you are able to hold her in your arms.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kim,

I pray for you and your journey as I pray for all of the others on this same path with you. I too, pray for that .01% miracle in each of your lives as I know our God is the father of miracles. I will not give up on asking Him to show Himself in a most mighty way for this .01%, if it be His Will. I see hope in each of these baby miracles, and the bringing together of people. As each one of you chosen moms have faced this road, you made the choice of life for these precious little ones, knowing the uncertain future and choosing
to be used by God through the pain.
I am humbled each time life is chosen and feel the need in my heart to pray for you all. I ask God to continue growing Mary Grace in your womb, preparing her for her birthday, and for fears and anxieties to be carried by Him. Let nothing steal your joy as you trust in Him is my prayer for you. He holds you all in His hands. You will be safe.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

DandelionSeeds said...

praying for you...

Unknown said...

Kim, Chris, Kailey and Allison,

My name is Mark Thompson and I am the pastor at Harrodsburg Christian Church in Harrodsburg, KY. Christy Moseley forwarded me your blog and asked that we put Mary Grace on our prayer list. I have done that and just wanted you to know that, with your permission, I want to forward Mary' name to my regional minister in KY so he can send it out to the 254 Disciples of Christ churches we have in KY. I have read your blog and the blogs of some of the others who are praying through the heartache and joy associated with t-18 and it broke my heart. I have two boys of my own and I can't fathom the roller coaster of emotions. From your blog I can see that you a strong family and with God's help you will make it through together. So I offer this. I have a prayer box in my office that I am putting her name in and I promise to pray for Mary Grace and your family everyday that when you are feeling weak, He will make you strong, that when you are feeling sad that He will fill you with the joy of life. I do believe as "Footprints" says that during these times that Christ will carry us and protect us. Please know that the members of this church will be in prayer for your family and if there is anything you need from us let us know.

Yours in Christ,

Mark Thompson

Emily said...

You bless me. Every time I come here, you bless me. God is doing a work in and through you, Kim. The veil covering Mary Grace's mighty purpose in this world is being lifted more and more each day... and it is beautiful to behold. Know I am lifting you up and I am honestly just an email (or drive to KY) away. I would dearly love to see you when you're back in this neck of the woods. :)