Friday, September 26, 2008

Feeling Sad Too

I have just read a friend's blog and she simply titled it "feeling sad". I can so relate. I have been wanting to come here with something uplifting, profound and encouraging but this week I got nothin'. I always feel the pressure of wanting to give God nothing but praise through Mary's blog but this week, I have had a hard week, a week of feeling very sad. It's been one of those weeks where I simply ask God when I get out of bed, just to help me take care of my girls...and He has helped me do that. I can't imagine not having Him. With Him all things are possible and without Him there is no hope, there is nothing worth while.

Wednesday and today have been especially hard. Why? Don't know. Just days where I feel the weight of not having Mary Grace with us. Wednesday afternoon the girls were at a friend's house and I stayed in the bed. When she walked them home it was hard for me to hide that I had had a hard afternoon. Usually I am really good and putting the smile on but not this day. Kailey asked what was wrong , I told her I had a head ache, which was true. She asked if I had been crying I said yes. She said "Mommy do you have a head ache and a heart ache?" I simply said yes. That's it, as simple as that...a head ache and a heart ache, a really sad day. My sweet Kailey went on to say, "let's put on some Toby Mac, he will help you get in a good mood". She is right...we love us some Toby Mac!

I had to do the kids program that night at church and I wondered how in the world I would do it, I prayed that God would just get me through it. It was a really fun night with the kids and He once again gave me the energy that I could not have gotten on my own. This is yet another reminder, God is with us, He wants to help us and when we simply ask, when we simply rely on Him cause we got nothing in us to do it on our own.....He fills us up, He answers our crys.

Today while feeling the sadness I thought of this song we often sing in church, a song that never leaves me with any more tears to cry. But this I feel is my song, this is my heart's desire and I pray if you are in the pit today, the lyrics will bring you encouragement. This song speaks truth, He is there with us in all times!!

Verse 1
GOD IN MY LIVING
THERE IN MY BREATHING
GOD IN MY WAKING
GOD IN MY SLEEPING
GOD IN MY RESTING
THERE IN MY WORKING
GOD IN MY THINKING
GOD IN MY SPEAKING
Chorus
BE MY EVERYTHING
BE MY EVERYTHING
BE MY EVERYTHING
BE MY EVERYTHING
VERSE 2:
GOD IN MY HOPING
THERE IN MY DREAMING
GOD IN MY WATCHING
GOD IN MY WAITING
GOD IN MY LAUGHING
THERE IN MY WEEPING
GOD IN MY HURTING
GOD IN MY HEALING
BRIDGE:
CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME THE HOPE OF GLORY
YOU ARE EVERYTHING
CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME
CHRIST IN ME THE HOPE OF GLORY
BE MY EVERYTHING

19 comments:

Anxious AF said...

What an encouraging post.
I agree that Toby Mac can do the trick, I remember singing with him on my way to the NICU, and I would stop myself and say "your baby is in the hospital on a vent, maybe true dog isnt the right song" Then I would continue on singing.

Thinking of you today.

Laurie in Ca. said...

I love you Kim and am praying for the sadness to lift and joy to fill your heart. Kailey sure hit the nail on the head didn't she? I love the wisdom of little children. It is so pure and straight from the Lord. Hope your weekend is blessed. God is always good and ready to help. And so is Toby Mac!

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

Emily said...

I know, girl. Me, too.

So thankful we can carry each other's mats. I love you.

Yvette said...

Sweet Kim,

I am so sorry that you have had a really sad week! I pray for you every day and I will continue praying for you asking the Lord to wrap His arms around you and hold you tightly in your brokeness. Isn't it amazing how there are moments when music can instantly help heal our hurting hearts...however I'm not real sure about Toby Mac music - after all, who is he???? Okay, we 8 are the only ones that know this "inside joke" but just had to say it! Seriously though, I am here if you ever need to talk or cry.

I love and miss you,
Yvette
tristanasher.blogspot.com

Kenzie said...

My sweet Kim-

I love you so much! I love you for being real and honest in your feeling... I love you for encouraging others when you yourself are feeling down... I love you for thinking of my sweet Deacon and for making his Wednesday so absolutely perfect with your surprise box... I love you for loving your girls so much that it hurts. I am praying for your heart and your head... I know that each day the Lord gives you the strength to get through and I will continue praying that He will lift the sadness and hurt and give you so many happy, smiling days. It's truly so weird how they can come and go like they do...

I love you precious friend!
Praying,
Kenzie

boltefamily said...

I am so with you Kim. I haven't even been able to post the past few days at all and I am pretty good about it. I feel like I really don't have much to say at this point. I want to let go of the grief, but somedays it sneaks back in and just grips you without warning. I am with your sweet girl though, TobyMac, well, you know my feelings about Toby! Enough said.

Thanks for sharing this sometimes I feel like I am falling backward instead of moving forward. You reminded me that though I often feel alone, I am not. I love you Kim and think of you SO often!

Love,
Kristy

Just Me said...

No pressure to be "profound" coming from here (although I am definitely someone who wishes she had something "profound" to say every once in a while!) :o) Thank you for letting "me" know that you are feeling especially sad these days. While I continue to pray for you and your family all the time, I will definitely send some extra ones your way.

Take care,
Amanda

Barb Stingl said...

Hi there, I am a reader of yours, from Canada :) I too lost a baby girl, about 12 years ago. I admire your faith. I still have days of sadness, even 12 years later. I think of my baby girl, every day, but in a good way ;) I am also a Christian, and trying to lean on God, while fighting cancer. Just wanted to say hi, from this part of the world.

sumi said...

What a beautiful song, Kim.

I have been feeling sad too. I think the change of season has something to do with it. Jenna should be here to enjoy it with us.

HUGS!!!

Corie said...

I can understand your feeling sad, should make the same post myself. Some days I wish I new what the trigger is, sometimes it is just nothing. I pray for you as you continue walking this path with some much courage and grace.

The VW's said...

I'm so sorry that you are feeling so sad. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had a hard week. You have such a special girl in Kailey Mae! I hope this week is going better.

All my love,
Christy

Karen said...

I just love that Kailey is there for her Mama....children are such a blessing and she is so sweet and used by the Lord in your life...every heart ache is an opportunity for a blessing. I love you sweet friend....lots and lots.

Karen

Kirsten said...

Kim,

Thanks for being open and honest about the ups and downs of this journey. It truly makes me feel more normal.

I hope you are feeling better after sharing it on the blog. After I cried and posted, I woke up feeling refreshed. There will be more ups and downs, but letting out the pain and feelings sure does help.

What you said is so true:

"This is yet another reminder, God is with us, He wants to help us and when we simply ask, when we simply rely on Him cause we got nothing in us to do it on our own.....He fills us up, He answers our crys."

Sometimes I feel like I need a poster of that to remind me. Other times I think we are the poster to remind others. God is working in amazing ways through all of this. It doesn't take away the loss and pain, but I'm so thankful for the reminders that we aren't alone. Never alone.

Love, hugs, and smiles to you,
Kirsten

Kelly said...

Hi Kim,

I "stumbled" onto your blog today.. okay, okay God pushed me into your blog today :) - He never ceases to amaze me. I was "feeling sad too" at the loss of our precious 5 month old daughter Liberty. October 27th will mark one year since she went to be with Jesus..but it still hurts like it was yesterday. It's "ironic" because I was feeling sad and totally alone today..like nobody else under the sun had ever lost a baby - except us..then boom, I found your blog! And oh how I wish I was the only one under the sun who felt this terrible pain..wait, I take that back, I wish NOBODY felt this pain, but I praise God that I don't have to walk this path alone. I wanted you to know that we are praying for your family tonight..I would love to chat with you about your sweet angel Mary Grace sometime, as well as your other little girls. We too have 3 beautiful girls.. Aspen Lee, Liberty Lee and Cheyenne Hope...

Anyway. Feel free to write anytime, Im always here to listen. I hope that you are finding some peace tonight, knowing that our God is good and His plan is just..He only has plans to prosper us, so good things will come of this if we continue to bring glory to His name.

Your sister in Christ,
Kelly

Just Me said...

Stopped by and wanted to let you know I'm praying for you.

Hope you are having a good day.
Take care,
Amanda

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Kim,

I am thinking about you today and praying for you. Also dropping off some HUGS too to let you know I love you. Hoping the feelings of sadness are lifting for you.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Kelly said...

Hi Kim,

Just me again! I wanted you to know that tomorrow is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day...I will be praying for you and your sweet Mary Grace! I posted a blog about this tonight..I am asking for anyone that has suffered such a terrible loss to post a comment on my blog so that we can all come together in prayer! If you get a chance please leave a comment.. but know no matter what we are praying for you tomorrow! God bless you and your wonderful family and your sweet, sweet angel!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I am going through an extremely rough time right now. I'm a 21 year old mother who is dealing with more than I could have ever imagined. I started to look for some words of inspiration when I came across your beautifully written blog. I have sat here and cried my eyes out for quite some time this evening, wondering if I would ever snap out of it. Here I am crying still, but more because there are people like you to remind people like me about the important things in life. How you think so positively, I will never understand, but tonight you have helped me realize that there are people out there with problems just like I'm dealing with, if not worse problems than I have. Yet you are still able to find the good. I'm probably going to go to bed tonight just as sad as I've been for hours, but atleast I will have your beautiful words in my thoughts. You and your family will stay in my thoughts and prayers for years to come.