Thursday, September 4, 2008

Please pray for Kenzie and Baby Faith Clare

Hi Friends,
As you know, one of the sweetest girls I have met through this trisomy 18 journey is Kenzie Stanfield - Maddox's sweet mommy. From the moment I met her we had a connection, not just because our baby angels are in Heaven, but because of our hearts. It's hard to explain the connection but I feel like she has been a part of my whole life and I have only spent time with her face to face twice. We will be life long friends I know. I remember so many details of her and sweet Maddox's journey as me and Mary Grace went through ours. Sweet,beautiful and heart breaking details.

When I met her in Austin in May to talk about our sweet angels, she had a little belly growing already with a new miracle little girl. Since then I have prayed for this sweet baby and for Kenzie, that she would have peace about this pregnancy and enjoy every minute of it.

I received a text message from her last night saying that she went to the Dr. and he admitted her into the hospital because she was in preterm labor at 26 weeks. I immediately began to pray and while waking up in the middle of the night twice immediately prayed. I got an update from her this morning and contractions have slowed down, she will be on bed rest and hopefully will get to go home tomorrow. I have such a peace about this but ask that you pray for Kenzie and Faith as they go through the rest of this pregnancy. I ask that God keeps that baby in her mommy's belly so that she will continue to grow and be knit together perfectly! Pray for peace and comfort for Kenzie as bed rest is not easy with another little boy in the house.

God's plan is perfect, I believe it and I will hold tight to it.

"God's peace...is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:7

3 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

"God's plan is perfect, I believe it and I will hold tight to it."

Kim, What you say is so true and I am holding tight to this truth with you. Thank you so much for the update on the contractions slowing and hopefully be heading home tomorrow. I have peace in my heart about Faith being alright since she may be in Kenzies belly but it is God who holds her in His hands as He continues to fearfully and wonderfully form her perfectly. My prayers are with you too and asking the Lord to protect all of you girls who have Kenzie on your hearts at this time. You are all precious to me.

Love and Hugs, Laurie in Ca.

So Blessed said...

Praying with you...

Kristin Edwards said...

Haven't checked in for a while, but I've been thinking of you and praying for you. I will pray for Kenzie and her sweet family as she gets through the rest of her pregnancy.

"God is good. His steadfast love endures forever and his faithfulness to all generations."
Psalm 100:5