Friday, January 4, 2008

Higher Ground

Well, I can’t believe it’s 2008! 2007 is kind of a blur right now and I am so uncertain about what 2008 will be. I am thankful for so much in my life, yet feel so let down as well. It’s hard for me to complain when I do feel so blessed….blessed first to have a wonderful Savior, an awesome husband, to be a Mother of three precious girls, a wonderful family. But….I am in a season of unrest. God knows I love him and praise him for everything….but my Heavenly Father also knows me….and he knows I feel let down, scared, disappointed, hurt, angry and the list could go on and on. I do not think he would expect me not to feel those things. He created in Mothers such a strong connection and love for her children and I do not think that he wouldn’t understand our emotions when one of our children is hurt, in need or not going to be with us for long. So I do find comfort in knowing that he weeps for me, his child that is hurting.

I have read over some old posts that I have printed out from Copeland’s Mommy and Maddox’s Mommy, and others that help me daily and it reminds me again….these children have and will continue to serve a higher purpose than we could ever know. They have ministered and have shared Jesus and will touch more people in their sweet short lives than most people who are here for a long lifetime. I again, want to praise Jesus for everyone who has been willing to share their story and heartache so that I could somehow find my way through this. Thank you for sharing Jesus to the world and thank you for allowing God to work through you.

I wanted to give everyone an update. I had my weekly Dr. visit yesterday and everything looked the same (which is a good thing I think). The Dr. said that he wanted me to come back next week (Thursday the 10th) and that he may decide to induce me on Friday or Saturday. So…I could meet Mary Grace in a week! He may hold off until the 17th but expressed fear of waiting too much longer and does not want to take any chances. Please pray that she will turn from the breach position, that my body will be more ready for induction and that the Doctor and nurses will have the wisdom they need to move forward and help us to make the right decisions. I have had a pretty down day, I am scared…not only of the unknown but the known. I do not want to be without my sweet Mary Grace and I fear that time is coming. I fear I will not come back from this. So…I know so many of you are praying for these fears and I ask that you continue to do so. I need you all and praise God for each of you. Continue to pray for my family, my girls and my friends who are going through this type of thing with me. I have been singing an old hymn to myself today and want to share the words with you…………

I’m pressing on the upward way,New heights I’m gaining every day;Still praying as I onward bound,“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

Lord, lift me up and let me stand,By faith, on heaven’s table land,A higher plane than I have found;Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

My heart has no desire to stayWhere doubts arise and fears dismay;Though some may dwell where those abound,My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
I want to live above the world,Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;For faith has caught the joyful sound,The song of saints on higher ground.
I want to scale the utmost height,And catch a gleam of glory bright;But still I’ll pray till heaven I’ve found,“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

Lord, lift me up and let me stand,By faith, on heaven’s table land,A higher plane than I have found;Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I found your site through the Hostetters who are in our church in Jacksonville. I usually would not comment but your posts touch me so much that I had to. You are so honest and "real" with your thoughts yet your faith is so obvious. I have not walked where you are walking but I have been through some tough times. I KNOW God's grace is sufficient but that doesn't mean we still do not have those feelings of uncertainty or pain that you describe. Isn't it great to have the sweet old hymns to sing to help comfort us during these times. Please know that I am praying for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your heart with others and for using this very difficult time to lift up the name of Jesus. God bless you!

Emily said...

Storming Heaven's gates for you.

Jessica said...

I found your site through Miller Grace and Copeland's site.
Please know I am praying for you and "checkin" in on your blog daily.

Your faith is inspiring and you will get through this!
In Christ,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim,
It's Amy Barkman, Beth's Mom, your high school musical director, now a Methodist preacher - who believes in miracles.
We just found out about Mary Grace last night and Beth and Brian and Gary and I and others are agreeing with you for a miracle. My prayer partner and I just prayed tonight after discussing your dream. The three who gave their lives for your little girl reminded us of the trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And it reminded us of Jesus bearing our sicknesses and diseases on the cross until he didn't even look like a man (Isaiah 52:14) We could just see those extra chromesomes - with all the effects - leaving her body and going to the cross.
We have seen miracles and believe God wants to bring one about for you and your family.
I pray that the Father carries you and your family through this time,manifests His power in and through your body, and that Mary Grace receives all the health that Jesus died to give her.
We love you and are "with you" in the Spirit.
Love,
Amy amygary@mis.net

Kenzie said...

Kim-

The fear, anxiety, uncertainty... they are all part of this journey- of that I am certain! Know that I continue to pray for both of our families as we draw closer to meeting our little ones. I know too that the Lord is hurting when we are, so you are right, He doesn't think for one second that you lack faith in Him. Don't let Satan steal that from you... a friend reminded me of that today as I questioned some of the plans we are making for our arrival at the hospital. Remember, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you... Do not let you heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." John 14:27 He is walking each step with us!

Love you and praying,
Kenzie

Unknown said...

Dear Kim, my name is Susie. I'm a lurker from Copeland and Tristan's sites. I am 41 weeks pregnant tomorrow with my son Joshua. He has a neural tube defect, and may 1. Be stillborn, 2. Live only days or weeks. He has an encephalocele (his brain grew into a sack, outside of his skull). My induction date is Monday the 7th. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope your time with Mary Grace is blessed.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for you Kim and asking the Lord to give you peace of mind over the fears that are so real and so overwhelming. Please know prayers are being lifted up for you as Mary Grace's birthday draws near.

Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

Kim:
I have been following your blog for a few months now, and eagerly await Mary Grace's arrival to see the beautiful face of one special-sent from Heaven.
My spirit was touched sadly for you as I read your posting. I found it so touching to read how you fear not being able to come back from this. I wish to comfort and encourage you that God's strength, comfort, and wisdom will meet you in a way that will exceed your need, and will be there for you as you need it. I think it is dread you are feeling - fearing what this experience will be. Having recently had my father pass and having lived in the fear of that time coming for the last year, I recognize what you are sharing. But I have to tell you - God will be enough to get you through it. I never took one step into the valley of death that He wasn't there before me. He provided ALL I needed before I even felt the lack for it. He is intimately tender and close. I promise you you will survive. And you will love, and laugh, and thrive, and have an even deeper, clearer view of how precious life is and how faithful God is.
I hope this encourages you, and that your spirit trusts the peace that God is giving. Bless you, dear woman. Rest in Him.

Deb

Amy B said...

Dear Kim,It's Amy Barkman again. Our church prayed for your whole family today and during Holy Communion I took the elements of grace on her behalf.
You are loved.
Amy

Anonymous said...

Kim-

We are praying for you and Mary Grace and your daughters to be conforted by His hands as you travel through the next few days, weeks, months and years. Your God is a good and merciful God that will deliver us all into His kingdom in His time. I was made aware of your situation through Emily's blog. Please take some comfort in knowing that thousands are praying for your family and especially for Mary Grace. God's will be done!