Tuesday, January 8, 2008

YIKES

I have had so many good thoughts for blogs this week - so many that I had to start making notes of my thoughts.....because in an instance my thoughts (or mood) change and I can't express them. So this post today is simply an update because the last two days have swept me off of my feet. I got a call yesterday from a nurse to schedule a c-section for this Friday the 10th!! What!!???? So, after trying to get in touch with the nurses and to make a very long story short......I spoke with the nurse this morning who got some clarification from my Doctor. He said that our goal has been to have time with Mary and since her weight is lagging behind he is getting nervous about waiting a week more. So....we are going in tomorrow (not Thursday) to see if Mary has turned and if I am more ready for induction. If she has not turned then we will probably be having a c-section on Friday.....if she has then he will induce on Friday and see how it goes from there. Needless to say I am filled with crazy emotions. I am praying that God will help me to turn over my "control" or lack there of, and let him give the Doctors and nurses the knowledge they need and to have faith that what is going to happen is what is right for us and Mary Grace. Besides praying for a total miracle this morning - I have prayed that all the other "stuff", all the other details will be taken care of by my all mighty God who spoke this amazing world into existance - pretty sure he can handle this one!!

I will give an update tomorrow after my appointment but wanted to have you pray for my emotions today. Thank you for your continued prayers and thoughts. I'm so thankful to be a part of the family of God.
Kim

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I am praying specifically for all these things, including that she will turn head-down, as that will allow you to be induced. KNOWING full well that God knows what is the very best, and has only the very best plans for you.
connie

So Blessed said...

He is willing, He is able...and He holds you in the palm of His hand.

Praying for your family.

Devin said...

Kim,

I have been following your blog for awhile now, and praying for you and your family. My entire church family is as well. I (we) will continue to do so over the next days. I can't imagine the flood of emotions coming over you, as you are preparing to meet your daughter!

Thank you so much for being willing to share your story, and the day to day details of what you are going thru. You and the other blogging T-18 mommies and daddies have blessed me beyond words and helped me thru a difficult time myself--I just lost my fourth child to miscarriage. Your strength has been such an encouragement to me. Your faithfulness even more so.

Praying,
Devin in Illinois

Angie said...

Kim,

Wow!! She will be here in three days...so hard to believe. I pray that God has given your doctor some special wisdom to make exactly the right decision as to the timing of Mary Grace's birth, and I will begin to pray that all of the other details will fall into place exactly as they should. Praying, praying praying!!

Angie

Rachel said...

Praying for peace for you and For you to hold Mary grace in your arms and look into her sweet little eyes. Praying God gives you time to tell her how much you love her.
Rachel in PA

Laurie in Ca. said...

Kim,

I will be praying for you to have peace over your emotions and that God will guide every single decision that is to be made regarding Mary Grace. I am praying for her to turn for you and that you know when it happens. Praying with you for all that is on your heart, God knows and He has you all in His hands. I'm praying!!

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Kara said...

I will pray for all these things! God will provide and take care of you and Mary Grace.

Kara
sahm22boys.blogspot.com

Jen in Al said...

it is so incredible how fast life changes! one day you think one thing is going to happen but before you know it(which is actually the point that WE don't know but GOD does) it changes! you will be holding your precious Mary Grace in 3 days! :) Praying for you, Mary Grace, her Daddy, the doctors and her sisters! thank you so much for sharing your journey out here in blog world. Praying for precious time with your baby girl!
on my knees,
jen in al

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Kim W. told us what is going on. We are so saddened by your news and we are praying for you and Chris. Reading your blog was such an encouragement to us and your faith is our Almighty God is awesome. He is faithful Kim and he will help you and Chris. We are praying for health and strength and above all a miracle. Thank you for choosing life and being such a faithful witness to the power of our God.
Much love,
Al and Debbie Faragalla

Kenzie said...

Kim-

Praying for your appointment today and that Mary Grace will be ready for birth in the next few days. Know that we are on our knees for you and your family right now and are anxiously awaiting updates. We will pray specifically for peace over these next several days and for great wisdom and discernment for you, Chris and the doctors.

Love and prayers,
Kenzie

Emily said...

Oh girl, my heart is with you. We've had a bug going around our house, so I am behind. Please know I lifting you up and anxiously awaiting news about precious Mary Grace.

How grateful are that none of this is a surprise to God?! :)