Saturday, January 5, 2008

THANK YOU KIM!!!

Hello Everyone.,

This is my first entry into the blog and I wanted to acknowledge to the world how blessed and proud I am to be married to my wife. Going through this pregnancy with Mary Grace is a lot different for me then it is for Kim. I go to work and I get distracted the activities of life. No matter what Kim does there is a 20 pound bulge in her stomach which does not allow her one minute of not thinking about the future and what is going to happen. I know Kim would not have it any other way, but she has really demonstrated her faith, strength, character, and her commitment to her family throughout this process.

Thank you Kim!!!

Early in this process Kim made a decision as to how she was going to handle this pregnancy. As to whether she would move forward with trying to give birth to Mary was not ever in question. What was in question was whether to enjoy every precious second with Mary or be depressed and crawl into a hole for the next nine months. I know there are a lot of days where Kim would like to climb in a hole and not come out, but she has not. Kim’s strength and faith has made the pregnancy a blessing to this family. Believe it or not for me and the girls Kim’s attitude has really healed baby Mary’s T-18. I realize this healing may not be the reality when it is time for Mary to come into this world, but for now me and the girls are able to enjoy every minute and not think about what the future holds. I credit this blessing to Kim and the home/ family environment she has created and chosen to move forward with. Yes there are some days where Kim stays in her bath robe and does not want to deal with the world, but those days are few and far between. We just had a wonderful Christmas holiday and you would not have known there was any struggle in our lives. As usual Kim did all the shopping, 90% of the decoration, cooking and preparations. She was crawling on the floor and running around and I said I did not remember her being so active this late in the pregnancy with the other girls. As I reflect on the wonderful Christmas and New Year holiday Kim made it normal and special. There was not a time where Kim complained or was down. A great example of this was when we had friends over for a New Years Eve get together and Kim went walking through the room holding her belly crying out that she ate too much and look what happened to her belly.

Thank you Kim!!!

I know that God has been helping our family through this process and know he will continue moving forward. I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to our family and this has made a difficult situation better. Please continue to be with us as we get closer to Mary’s birth. As the time gets short the reality of the situation is starting to hit us all with a greater force.

Thank you Kim for being such a wonderful Mother to all of our children, incredible wife to me and such a great inspiration to all. You are the world to use and please know that we appreciate and love you with all of our heart and soul. We are here for you now and will always be here for you.

All my love,

Christopher Neil Summons

10 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Chris,

You are so right here that Kim is a very special and one of a kind wife and mother. The real blessing here is that she not only draws strength from God, but from you, her Godly husband.
Your first entry here honors the love and support you have for each other, to walk this journey together. You enable her to be the best that she can be, knowing you are there with her. Bless you both as Mary Graces birthday draws so close, and know that you are covered in prayers by so many and He will bring you through. You both are such a wonderful example to your girls.
Praying for you daily in Ca.
Laurie

Kara said...

We will be praying for you all! Kim sounds like a very special wife and mother indeed and is such an inspiration to others. I will be praying for all the decisions in the days ahead!

Kara
sahm22boys.blogspot.com

Kenzie said...

Beautiful words from a father and husband that very clearly adores his family... what an encouragement to your girls to show your deep commitment to each other during this trying time. Kim is so faithful and has been walking this road with grace and I know that through whatever may come, that will be the case. Praise the Lord for your family's willingness to be used for His glory!

Prayers continue as you get closer to the date to meet your sweet girl. Please be sure to let us know when it is definitive (10th, 17th? etc.)

Love and praying,
Kenzie

Anonymous said...

My Dear Kimberly,
Chris is so right in saying that you are inspiration to all!! God's light has shown so brightly through you and Mary Grace and I am sooooooo proud that you are my sister. You are the most wonderful sister in the world and you are so strong! I love you so much and I wish I was with you right now. I love you and all my friends and I are praying.
Love,
Brookie

Unknown said...

Hi Chris and Kim,
I wanted to yet you know that you also have prayers in PA. Your family here is also praying for you and your family to help you during this time in your life.
May God bless you, your family and especially Mary Grace.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Chris and Kim - sending thoughts and prayers to you, the girls, and Mary Grace. May you continue to find strength, love, and support within each other. You have so many blessings coming your way.

Blessings from Phx,
Robin

So Blessed said...

Praying for your family as you await Mary Grace's birth....

Emily said...

What a precious man you are. And you are right, your wife is beautiful example of faithfulness. Mary Grace has a sweet way of bringing out the best in so many. Thank you for letting the impact of her life be far and wide.

Unknown said...

Chris - that was beautiful!! There isn't a day that goes by that I do not think and pray for you all. I love you so much and I wish I was able to be with you. May God continue to Bless you all and hold you in the palm of His hand.

Love
Brigid

Anonymous said...

I do not know Chris nor Kim. My wife had me read the post Chris left, and I felt compelled to reply. It is with happiness and praise that I see that faith, hope, and love that God bestowed still resides in us. I am moved about the miracle of Mary Grace, pray and hope for miracles, and even still acknowledge the realism of it. We love our children from day one to eternity regardless of words, conditions, and time. Your girls see your hope, unconditional love, optimism, and faith even in hardship. It is the reminder that humanity brings pain, but also great love, and necessity of faith. In this humanity we are loved, and cherished so much that God sent his only son so that we may live.