Saturday, January 12, 2008

God help us

Well, it's early Saturday morning. I am getting ready to pick up my Dad, my Sister and my Brother from the airport. My Mom is already here. They are coming from Kentucky. My in-laws from Maryland will be here tomorrow and Monday we will meet our sweet Mary Grace. You know....I know her already. I know she is precious, she is small, her little feet are crooked, one of her hands is turned down, I know she must be a gracious little thing. When she moves it is slight and gentle little kicks, she has sweet little hiccups and she has my stubborn streak, when someone puts their hand on my belly when she is so active - she immediately stops almost every time!! She's a Mommy's girl already! Can you tell I love just having her with me? God help me.
On Wed. as most of you are aware I got some good news for a change. Some news that made God and prayer so evident that I felt strong and like things were going our way. My Mom came in Thursday, we had breakfast and when we came home I showed off all the little things that my sweet friends have given to Mary Grace - some include a beautiful hope chest to keep her things, outfits, blankets, a bracelet with Mary's name on it, booties, bibles etc. I wasn't sad doing this, it was the first time since about my 13th week that I felt like we were preparing for a normal birth, a "normal" baby. It was sweet. Then Thursday night while taking a bath, reality comes back to me.....what are we preparing for - anything but "normal" ??

Yesterday what was weighing on me most was my sweet girls. They are excited for Mary's birth and I am so afraid for them. Many of our t-18 miracles have had such different stories and I know ours will follow suit. So...help me to pray that the timing for our family, especially for Kailey and Allison, is just right. That it's just what they need, no more, no less - that it will be what their little hearts can handle. (They have medication for adults!). I pray specifically that however "it" happens that God's promise will be fulfilled in them especially, that this will work for good because my sweet little girls love him. They have the purest hearts, they have not "sinned", they do not deserve this trial - so I plead that this is something that will be a great work in them from our God, that they will learn about love, miracles, His plan, His purpose, Heaven, faith, endurance, strength, weakness, - that their hearts will be molded to serve him all the days of their lives - through this - our sweet Mary Grace, Our precious daughter and their sweet Sister. God help them.

Pray also for my neighbor's little girls, Anna and Kathryn - my friend's daughter Rachel... they all love Mary Grace too. I hate this for them. My niece is 11 and she has been saved and baptised. My Dad is a minister and she left him a note the other day at their house and told him that she was saved but had some questions, some things she didn't understand and could she talk to him sometime? So, he went and picked her up and took her for a drive......she said she didn't understand God and things like Mary Grace, and that her Sister Tara (16) has Lupus and has so many issues. Dad spoke to her and she called last night to tell me that she was praying every day for us and Mary Grace. God help them all.

You know I have tried to be as honest and open with my feelings as possible through this - I have been "real". And you know that I can not close this post without saying that through this difficult time in our lives, with all my doubts, with all my fears, with all my praises, with all my questions, with all our heartache, with all our hope and with all our disappointments.........I still know my God is faithful my God is still good. I will hold tight on to that, for that is all the hope any of us have, no matter what the situation.

Point of Grace has a new song out - It touches me. Here are the lyrics.

When the sun starts to rise and I open my eyes, you are good, so good
In the heat of the day with each stone that I lay, you are so good
With every breath I take in, I’ll tell you I’m grateful again
When the moon rises high before each kiss goodnight, you are good

When the road starts to turn, around each bend I’ve learned you are good, so good
And when somebody’s hand holds me up, helps me stand you are so good
With every breath I take in, I’ll tell you I’m grateful again Cause it’s more than enough just to know I am loved and you are good

SO HOW CAN I THANK YOU? WHAT CAN I BRING? WHAT CAN A POOR MAN LAY AT THE FEET OF THE KING?
SO I’LL SING YOU A LOVE SONG, IT’S ALL THAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU I’M GRATEFUL FOR HOLDING MY LIFE IN YOUR HANDS

When it’s dark and it’s cold, and I can’t feel my soul you are STILL good
When the world has gone gray and the rain’s here to stay you are STILL good
With every breath I take in, I’ll tell you I’m grateful again And the storm may swell, even then it is well, and you are good

SO I’LL SING YOU A LOVE SONG, IT’S ALL THAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU I’M GRATEFUL FOR HOLDING MY LIFE IN YOUR HANDS.

Thank you my family in Christ for holding us up - we are thankful.
Kim

24 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for you Kim as you will meet this sweet little girl, Mary Grace, on Monday. God will protect your girls, you know how precious children are to him. And He will protect this little wonder that you have grown to know and love so much as He brings you face to face with her. He is faithful to complete this miracle for you. You have been a beautiful witness of Gods love and grace through all of this time and He will not let you down. Do not fear Kim, He goes before you Monday and is in control of every movement of every hand laid on you and Mary Grace. And I know He is preparing your girls hearts for this. Gods timing is perfect. May you get sweet rest this weekend and your mind be in total peace with Jesus.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

So Blessed said...

God is already doing a mighty work in your girls and your family...He alone knows the plans and purposes He has for all of you...and they are plans to prosper and not harm, to give you a future and a hope. Keep trusting in Him...He will supply each and every need. Please know that I am covering all of you in prayer as you meet sweet Mary Grace on Monday. With my love and heartfelt thoughts...and especially my prayers.

Kenzie said...

Kim-

The Lord will continue to hold you in His hand through all of this! I will be praying specifically for your girls and the other little ones walking this with you... sometimes it's so easy to say that they are little, they won't remember or they are resiliant. The little ones, however, tend to be the ones who's hearts concern me most too! He will watch over all of you and protect each of you~ thankfully He has already ordained the exact amount of time Mary Grace will be here. Take comfort in that. I am praying greatly for you guys in this time and if you need anything, we aren't that far away! PLEASE let me know!

Praying for peace, joy, comfort, this weekend and the time with Mary Grace!

Love you!
Kenzie

Mandy said...

I am thinking of you as you get ready to meet sweet Mary Grace. I know you are full of emotions as anticipate how the Lord will work out all of the details of MG's birth. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers during the next few days. Please keep us informed.

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com

Rachel Wilson said...

hello. this is my first time to comment your blog. I just wanted to let you know that My family will be praying has been praying for your family and we will pray specifically for you all on monday and pray lots of peace over your girls as they meet their baby sister.

Rachel
TN

Anonymous said...

Praying for you in Ohio.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim,
You are being held so tightly in the embrace of God. If and when you need it, you will feel the embrace tighten and you'll know how loved and safe you are on every step of this journey to meet your precious, precious baby. There is a hurricane of prayers coming at you from my home in the Bahamas. Bless you sweet Kim!
Christena

Kelly said...

Chris and Kim,

Words seem inappropriate at best, but we want you to know that we have been and will continue to be praying for each of you. Your testimony through this has been a blessing to us, and we know that God will continue to hold all five of you in the palm of His hand.

Much love and prayers,

Matt & Kelly Edwards

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for you all day today as you prepare to meet little Mary tomorrow.
I'm so glad your family support troops have arrived and more are arriving today. Praying for all of them as they love on you and encourage you, that all of you feel God holding you all in His loving hands. This little miracle girl will be looking at you face to face tomorrow. How exciting and uncertain all at the same time. But I know God is big enough, strong enough, tender and gentle enough, to bring you through to the day you have been waiting for. I pray for His loving peace all over you Kim, and that your heart overflows with joy and hope for your future in Him. Praying, praying and lifting you up today sweetie.
Love, Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
God be with your tomorrow. I know he will be. He has carried you through this journey and He will see it to completion. We are praying for you, Chris and the girls and we are praying for a miracle. God bless.
Al and Debbie Faragalla

Rachel said...

Kim-
I am just another one of the many strangers, yet friends united in Christ, that will be praying for you as you anticipate the many varied emotion that you will experience over the next few days. I am praying that you get to meet Mary Grace and hold her in your arms and have enough time to let her know how much you love her, I am praying that her sisters and other family members also have enoug time to let her know that she is a precious miracle. Praying that you are able to enjoy each amazing moment God has given you with her and that He blesses you with more time then you anticipated.
As a mother of two little girls I can understand your hearts concern for your older girls during this time. I will be praying for them also.
I have experienced God's amazing love and sufficiency through five miscarriages and know He will be there and will send loving arms to encompass you during your time of need.
Hugs,
Rachel In PA

Devin said...

Kim,

I am continuing to pray for you, as you have a big, exciting day ahead of you tomorrow--BIRTH day! :-) I hope it is okay, I shared your story with my church, so you have about 50 or so real prayer warriors here in a little town in Illinois sitting at Jesus' feet, asking God to meet every one of your spoken AND unspoken needs tomorrow. I can't wait to check back and see updates, and pictures....have a great day tomorrow!

Devin in Illinois

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now and wanted you to know you have prayers for you, your family, your friends and precious Mary Grace.

May God hold all of you in His arms and give you strength.

I can hear the love you have in your writing and Mary Grace is lucky to have such a sweet family!

Love, Wendy in TX

David said...

Kim,
I left a comment when you first started this precious blog. I just wanted to touch base and let you know that our family is still praying for you and yours. I am so eager to see how God's plan will unfold for you tomorrow as you meet your sweet, sweet Mary. You are an inspiration.
Much Love,
Keri

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I've been praying, and I'll continue to do so, particularly for the little girls in your life.

Chrissy said...

Praying for Mary Grace and your entire family as you quickly approach her birthday. I know that God will be beside you as you deliver your miracle baby girl!

Anonymous said...

May you experience peace that passes all understanding tomorrow as you enter the unknown with your precious baby girl. I will pray.

KrazyMom said...

I have been following your blog for a little while now and wanted to let you know that we will be holding you up in prayer again tonight and many times tomorrow. Our heartfelt thoughts will be with you as you meet Mary Grace!

Kara said...

Just got home from our mini vacation...we are praying hard for you tonight and tomorrow! Praying you will meet Mary Grace tomorrow!

kara
sahm22boys.blogspot.com

So Blessed said...

Praying, praying, praying.
May you be completely filled with
the peace that only He can give.

Cathy said...

Praying the night away until we see the face of Mary Grace! Praying God will give your family exactly what is needed.
Cathy & Annabel

Emily said...

Storming Heaven's gates for you....

Anonymous said...

My family and I are praying for your family and sweet Mary Grace. How wonderful for that tiny baby to have a family that loves her so very much! May God bless your time with her, and grant you your prayers for her!

Anonymous said...

Praying for each of your hearts and minds to be guarded by the peace of Christ that passes all understanding, and for true joy as you meet your precious daughter.

"Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, and will still give thee aid.
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand."

You are loved and covered in prayer!